Splitting a dessert as you gaze into your beloved’s eyes just screams romance. You know what else screams romance? Not having to share your dessert in the first place! Honestly, it’s one thing to share your life with someone. Where is it written that you have to pony up half of your cake in the process?
Prepare this melts-in-your-mouth vegan Crème Brûlée for two instead and make sure you don’t fight over dessert on Valentine’s Day!
1 cup cashews (softened by boiling for 15-20 minutes or by soaking in water for 4-8 hours)
1. In a high speed blender, combine softened cashews, water, yogurt, agave and vanilla extract and blend for 3-5 minutes or until creamy and smooth.
2. Transfer the cashew cream mixture to a medium sized pot and whisk in agar powder. Continue to stir the cream over medium heat until it starts to bubble and the cream begins pull away from the sides and bottom of the pan.
3. Pour the cream evenly into 2 ramekins then allow them to chill in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours.
4. Sprinkle some granulated sugar over the tops of both ramekins then caramelize the sugar with either a blow torch or by placing them on the top rack of your oven and broiling them for 2-4 minutes.
5. Allow the sugar to cool for 5 minutes or so then dig in!
We are a team of nutritional experts and vegan activists, who work 24/7 to bring you accurate, well-researched information that will empower you to make the right choices. Whether you are looking for in-depth nutritional advice, latest stories, or a mouthwatering recipe - this is the place!