If you enjoy recipes like this, we highly recommend downloading the Succulently Nutrient Full Vegan Recipe Book, which features 145 whole-food plant-based recipes that are not simply delicious, but also nutritionally balanced to meet all of your body’s needs for a healthy, active lifestyle!
Time and again I have told you about my ‘ball’ addiction when it comes to vegan dishes, and this is another mouthwatering recipe that I feel obliged to share with you!
These irresistible BBQ lentil balls are made out of simple plant-based ingredients like lentils, rice, mushrooms, and BBQ sauce. It makes for a vegan protein packed dish that is ideal for post-workout dinners. If you want to share the love, bring them as a yummy, savory appetizer to events!
TO MAKE THEM, YOU’LL NEED:
- 1/2 cup of brown basmati rice
- 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups of chopped mushrooms
- 15-ounce can of lentils (about 2 cups of cooked lentils)
- 1/8 cup of chopped cilantro (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon of pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1/2 cup of gluten-free bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons of BBQ sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons of vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of liquid smoke
For the full preparation instructions, click here.