Among all plants available on the market and coming directly from our nature, this overlooked one is something to definitely consider adding to your plant-based menu!
Goya, otherwise known as karela, is a cucumber-shaped plant that does wonders for the human health. It grows in South America and Asia, and requires warm and humid climate to grow.
Among the many things it cures, you will be happy to learn that it is excellent for treating cancer, too.
Also check out 8 Vegan Foods With Powerful Medicinal Properties You Never Knew
The man behind this discovery is Dr. Frank Shallenberger, a doctor specialized in anti-aging treatments and alternative medicine. As he states, karela can suppress the development of cancer cells, so he regularly recommends it to patients who are dealing with this disease.
As numbers show, karela kills off about 90-98% of all cancers cells formed in the human body,
which is astonishing information.
Related: Powerful Vegan Superfood Contains Every Essential Mineral
The University of Colorado conducted a study which analyzed the goya effects on the human body, especially with cancer. The findings uncovered that a 5% goya solution reduces pancreatic cancer and almost 64% of pancreatic tumors.
Aside from this, karela is beneficial for treating:
- Skin infections
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Stomach problems
- Diabetes symptoms
By incorporating goya in your everyday menu you will:
- improve your energy levels and boost the metabolism
- diminish folate-related neural tube defects in infants
- regulate your blood pressure, since goya is rich in Polypeptide-P and charantin, compounds responsible for keeping the blood pressure in check and treating type 2diabetes
- stabilize the immunity and protect you from infections
- improve the vision and repair all eye problems, as a result of its high content of beta-carotene
- cure hangover and cleanse the liver
- boost digestion
- help with gout and improve blood circulation
- treat psoriasis and fungal infections like Athlete’s foot and ringworms
Related: 15 Delicious Fruits That Are Also Surprisingly High In Protein