OK you caught me… I LOVE creamy spreadable cheese so much that I rarely use it to actually ‘spread’. I eat it with a spoon straight out of the box.
If something is left after my spoon invasion, I use it as a veggie dip. But if you have more self-discipline than I do, you can totally have this creamy-dreamy herby delicious cashew spread cheese on bagels, crackers, sandwiches and more.
The herby flavor and touch of lemon juice gives this vegan cheese recipe the extra delightfulness you’ve been looking for in vegan cheeses.
Who said cheesy yumminess cannot be plant-based?
Try the recipe and tell me how much you loved this!
You’ll also LOVE
Spreadable Herb Cashew-Hemp Cheese [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free]
- 1 3/4 cups raw cashews, soaked for 2-4 hours
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon miso paste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon)
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- Add the cashews, hemp seeds, water and miso to a blender (ideally a high-speed blender) and process until very smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and cover with a piece of cheesecloth.
- Let ferment for at least 10 hours or overnight.
- Remove the cheesecloth and mix in the lemon juice, salt, chives and parsley.
- Transfer to desired container and refrigerate for 12 hours, covered.