Irresisistible vegan biscuits that require just 30 minutes, 7 ingredients and 1 bowl!
When it comes to desserts, my cravings come in waves. Sometimes I’m all about cheesecakes, other times I could do with a banana smoothie, while other times (like now) I’m all about biscuits and cakes.
When I saw these fluffy thick biscuits, I could vividly envision a mouthful of their rich, filling taste. I knew these are one of the treats to send me straight to tastebud heaven itself! And this is one of my fav places to be at on a Sunday!
These little guys are PERFECT. Fluffy, moist, buttery, savory, perfect with jam, perfect for breakfast, perfect with anything. This is why their author, The Minimalist Baker has called them The Best Damn Vegan Biscuit.
The commandments of biscuit making, as stated by the author of this recipe:
1. Do not over-handle the dough.
2. Never use a rolling pin, fool.
3. Make sure yo’ butter is cold.
4. Baking powder and soda are a must for fluff.
5. Brush the tops with butter to achieve that crusty, buttery top.
6. Make a divot in the middle with your fingers to prevent them from rising in a “dome.”
7. A hot oven (450 degrees) is essential. Don’t ask questions.
8. Biscuits must touch while baking to help them rise properly.
We are a team of nutritional experts and vegan activists, who work 24/7 to bring you accurate, well-researched information that will empower you to make the right choices. Whether you are looking for in-depth nutritional advice, latest stories, or a mouthwatering recipe - this is the place!