Irresisistible vegan biscuits that require just 30 minutes, 7 ingredients and 1 bowl!
When it comes to desserts, my cravings come in waves. Sometimes I’m all about cheesecakes, other times I could do with a banana smoothie, while other times (like now) I’m all about biscuits and cakes.
When I saw these fluffy thick biscuits, I could vividly envision a mouthful of their rich, filling taste. I knew these are one of the treats to send me straight to tastebud heaven itself! And this is one of my fav places to be at on a Sunday!
These little guys are PERFECT. Fluffy, moist, buttery, savory, perfect with jam, perfect for breakfast, perfect with anything. This is why their author, The Minimalist Baker has called them The Best Damn Vegan Biscuit.
The commandments of biscuit making, as stated by the author of this recipe:
1. Do not over-handle the dough.
2. Never use a rolling pin, fool.
3. Make sure yo’ butter is cold.
4. Baking powder and soda are a must for fluff.
5. Brush the tops with butter to achieve that crusty, buttery top.
6. Make a divot in the middle with your fingers to prevent them from rising in a “dome.”
7. A hot oven (450 degrees) is essential. Don’t ask questions.
8. Biscuits must touch while baking to help them rise properly.
Dea is passionate about pursuing gentle, pure living in all its forms. She’s a veg and fruit foodie, who loves to explore the healing properties of plant-based foods and then fully indulge in their sun-filled taste. She believes that “In the end, only three things matter: how much you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you.”